Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It finally happened


It finally Happened

I finally received the first adoption question that left me speechless. I have been reading a lot of adoption blogs and noticing that many people get a little offended at the adoption questions. I must admit that I may have judged people a little for being so touchy. After all, I chose to adopt. It is obviously a little bit different. I haven't minded any of the questions. And we do get quite a few of them.

There were a lot of people at Matt's graduation on Saturday. A friend wanted me to share Gigi with an elderly lady. Okay, so she was definitely very senile and very old. I am not mad about it. She was confused. She stared blankly at Gigi.

"Is she Chinese?"
"Yes."
"How did you get a Chinese baby!!!!???"

Well, you kind of had to see her face to understand that she didn't ask nicely. But she was OLD. So I am not offended or mad. I just had no idea what to say. I think I need a good joke for the next time. All entries excepted!

10 comments:

  1. you just have to laugh at it! My Grandma just turned 100 in January and she is still surprised that Faith does not speak Chinese! ha ha ha ! She somehow thought that she would speak Chinese when she started to talk even though she was to young to talk when we got her! Old people are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you keep reiterating that she was OLD! LOL. Just be happy that at least Gigi is too young to understand what she was saying right now. Maybe next time say something like, "She was born in China and God took care of her there until her Mommy and Daddy could come and bring her home." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would make up some elaborate story about Chinese ancestry in your family that showed up in Gigi - you know, like a recessive trait. But that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a MIL who has Dementia, I can kind of see how she might have gotten confused. She was probably trying to figure out how in the world that happened genetically and was severely confused. And I've had people my own age ask if Marissa will speak Chinese. ummmm.... lol You just have to laugh sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gigi's hair is beginning to look like Mallorie's - FULL. I am having to take Mallorie tomorrow for her second hair cut b/c her hair grows SOOOO fast. I love the picture of Gigi looking surprised....how cute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. She just popped right on the airplane and she is OURS forever!!! Those dang pregancy (papers) tests don't tell the nationality!!! :)LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't Gigi super cute, just like her momma and her daddy???

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pictures this week! graduation, such an emotional time for moms!!!

    I am with the bug.....a recessive gene...very funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the grad! Love the family picture!!

    If the cake tastes great, who cares? He must like Oreos.

    I'm so sorry you're not getting much sleep/rest thanks to the tooth-grower of the family. But you have to admit...she's GORGEOUS asleep there in that highchair!!!

    Okay. I really did just L-O-L when I read about the infamous adoption question. The one that will go down in history. Ha ha!! Next time if someone asks something crazy like that just look at them square in the eyes and with disbelief in your own voice say, "I have no IDEA!!!"

    Great week! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete