Saturday, May 15, 2010

So God has been allowing me to experience a period of loneliness in my life lately. I fought it at first. But I have remembered God's goodness to me. He alone can meet my need for true love, acceptance and significance. Ahh......Sweet surrender. There will be time for beautiful fellowship with friends in the future. For now, I am grateful to be busy loving and caring for this crazy family of mine. And something else has brought everything into perspective. I am unable to discuss exactly the details, but it made me realize how lucky I truly am.

I am a super introvert at heart. I can take life a little too seriously. God gave me this big, loud, crazy family filled with extroverts. Every single one of them. So sometime about 10 years ago, I figured ..."if you can't beat'em, join em."



For Mother's Day, we went out to Coldstone Creamery. We squeezed the family around two tiny little tables and enjoyed some delicious treats. Rob wanted to take a family snapshot and we tried to squeeze together for the picture.


Tyler thought it looked as if Zachary was only a head (no limbs or torso) sitting on the table. We got a little out of control laughing and acting silly.



All those nice, normal, small families were staring at us and Matt said..."I think we are going to get kicked out."


So we took our picture taking outside.



I guess I kind of like hanging out with these people.

2 comments:

  1. I love your family photo shoot at Coldstone! Next time let us know and we can divert the looks from your family to ours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look like you're have a great time! I say those folks who didn't like it should just get over themselves. Of course, when I'm with a rowdy group I tend to try to hide under the table because I don't like to draw attention - but I like to watch OTHER people draw attention LOL.

    ReplyDelete