Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I have been too busy the last month to really do any decent blogging. So the following is simply a summary of July.


We went to Springhill in northern Michigan for a Family Camp Weekend. Oh, how our family needed this little excursion! I felt so relaxed the entire weekend and we had so much fun together.

There were a few diabetes related events that occurred, but I honestly think that God was so near to me and I was so relaxed that they didn't cause me the typical stress I feel. Plus, I think every new situation we face with this only makes us stronger. We learn something new about possible complications and how to trouble-shoot them.


The menu left a little to be desired, but who cares?!!!! We didn't have to cook or do any dishes for three whole days!


The accomadations were top-notch. Our cabin had enough bunks to house 25 people and PLENTY of bathroom space. We loved it! Each person had his or her own space and the evening breezes were so lovely.







We decided to try the zip-line. If you know me at all, you know that I do not take risks. I am not a thrill seeker. But I felt like God really wanted me to try this. I have not been living life lately and honestly it has made me quite depressed. So at the last minute I decided to suit up and give it a try. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! The entire rest of the day, I felt very happy about it.






There is a beautiful pool located at the top of a hill, surrounded by trees. I really enjoyed swimming there. It was like having the best of nature, but in a nice, clean, chlorinated pool! I hope we have the chance to go next year.





As soon as we were settled, my parents came for a visit. They had a wonderful time playing with Gigi. She warmed right up to her "Pop Pop" and delighted him by saying his name.
I am very pleased that she is so loved by them.





Happy Anniversary
July 21, 1990
20 Years!!!!

Dinner at BoneFish Grill!





1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks like a LOT of fun! I’m so glad you decided to do the zip line. Doing things outside our comfort zone helps wake us up a little.

    Gigi continues to be adorable – but you know, so are your other kids :)

    ReplyDelete