One year ago today seven little baby girls slept in their cribs in a dark room. They were fatherless and hopeless. But love came to rescue them and give them new life. They were adopted into loving families where each girl is greatly treasured. And so it is with our heavenly father. He wants to rescue the orphans, the ones who are discarded by society. Just like each family in our travel group loved their little girls before they had even seen a picture of her, God loved each one of us before we knew him. He came to rescue us from our hopeless condition and adopted us into his family where we can live in his kingdom forever.



I love Gigi so much. My heart is so full of happiness and joy to be able to know her and be with her. I was afraid for five years that I wouldn't have this chance. Now that she is mine I am bursting with gratefulness and I treasure her so much. I want to dress her up like a princess and give her everything that is good for her. Not because I want her to be a "princess" in the worldly way ,but because I think of how precious she is and how she was once abandoned and fatherless in a faraway land. I want her to know how much she is loved.
Then I think that if I love Gigi this much, how much God must love us. And when I think that if China had closed or something had gone wrong, we wouldn't have her now, my heart would be broken. God's heart must be bursting with joy for all the children who are adopted into his family. But his heart must also be broken for all the children he still longs to know. So while I celebrate these seven little girls who now live a beautiful life, I pray that the many people who still live in darkness and hopelessness will be rescued into his loving care.
Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post, Shannon. It's an honor to be one of God's children and to know that He's with us through the easy times and the difficult! Christy Hanlon
ReplyDeleteAmen my friend!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a BEAUTIFUL post! Adoption. is. beautiful. And praise the Lord we've been brought into His family!
ReplyDelete