Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wow! What a busy and crazy week. I forgot to take very many pictures and cannot find my camera. So I will just use some newly rediscovered photos of Matt in honor of his upcoming graduation.




Sunday
After church, Tyler and I spent the day painting the railings of our porch. This is a big porch!
Just after we finished, Tyler was ripsticking in the garage and accidentally punctured his hand on a rusty nail protruding through one of the walls. It was only of moderate size, but it scared him quite a bit.

Matt--- age 14



Monday

Tetanus shot for Tyler.



Matt and Tyler---- age 6




Tuesday

More graduation planning. Zachary and I finished scanning photos for the slide show we are preparing. Can I just say that this is sooooooooooo bittersweet!



Matt ----age 3 months

age 7


Wednesday

Bought and planted flowers. Full day of school, followed by bible study.


age 2


Thursday

Second coat of paint on the porch. Spindle, spindle, spindle......... it was somewhat tedious, but looks good. Handyman came to put kids bathroom back together.

25 children from our homeschool group came over to practice the songs we are singing for graduation. I just loved that their beautiful voices were carrying the gospel out of my house and into my neighborhood. This was the highlight of my week.







Friday

Finally a bit of a break. My husband suggested I send the boys to homeschool bowling so I could take a rest. It rained all day and I watched a Mars Hill podcast while Gigi slept and Abby read to her heart's content. Then after dinner Rob and I purchased some patio furniture for the open house.






7 comments:

  1. Which MarsHill? The one in Michigan or the one in Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seattle. I absolutely love his podcasts. The sermons really speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to find old photos!! What a busy time ahead you have! Hope you find your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice walk down memory lane. Boy, Matt looked like himself at a very young age - I wouldn't have any trouble picking him out in the pictures.

    Can't wait to see pics of the deck & new patio furniture (we got a glider this weekend & LOVE it!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been working so hard!! Glad you got a moment to rest.
    Loved seeing all of those old photos. You've done well Shannon!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome!
    All your kids look so much alike... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Shannon. These pictures of Matt are so sweet. I'm sure pulling them out and going through them was such a special, memory-filled time. I'm like that NOW, and my oldest is just eight. I can't imagine having a fully-grown kid on my hands and looking back at all the wonderful experiences we've had together. What blessedness!! He really hasn't changed in looks much, has he? Just gotten bigger. :)

    ReplyDelete