Sunday, August 15, 2010

Project 365: Week

Monday
Matt's artwork


I asked Matt if he would create some artwork for me to hang in our dining room. We went to United Art and Teaching to purchase some supplies for him.



Tuesday
Preparing for College


Picked up some clothes, toiletries and new glasses from Wal-Mart. He likes the artist look!

Wednesday
Dining room is 90% finished


BEFORE

After


Painted the walls Toasted Almond
Bought a table and chairs on clearance (YaHoo!!!!)
Hung new Chandelier
Changed the plug, outlet and vent covers to Venetian Bronze
Bought 3 pretty containers for school work
Purchased new curtains from Pier One Imports
Ready for the school year!



Thursday
We have a walker!!!!
Yay!!!


Man! She is even cuter when she toddles around!!!



Friday
Silver Beach



It was Gigi's first visit. Man, it was HOT. The temperature was 92 and the sand burned my feet! But we had a blast!!!













My camera ran out of battery. Darn!!!! We gave Gigi her first Carousel ride. She rode contentedly on the horse. When the ride ended, she applauded completely unprompted. I thought she was so adorable!


Saturday
Pulse Fest

Rob took the three boys to the Pulse Fest. This is a free Christian concert that lasts all day long and the kids love it. Gigi and Abigail played in the sprinkler and I cleaned the house. It was a great week.

6 comments:

  1. wow, Matt is so gifted!!! When do you take him to college? we take Jason on Friday....bittersweet for sure!

    love your dining room!!

    yea for Gigi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Matt's robot - it looks like it has a mischevious personality to me. Those new curtains are FABULOUS! I love how much warmer the room looks.

    Gigi, as usual, is a cutie patootie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That did sound like a great week! Lil' Gigi is too cute, and Matt has quite a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Matt's art! And, I think the glasses totally work for him too..very modern and artsy!
    Your dining room looks fabulous! I LOVE the curtains you chose.
    Hooray for GiGi walking!!
    Have a great week Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, I've been so hit-or-miss lately with my blog reading/email responses. How is it that summer seems so much busier than the actual school year??!! Anyway, I'm glad I'm here NOW! ;) Matt's artwork is astounding!!!!! Seriously! He's so very talented. And I like his glasses, too! College. Wow. How fun.

    Your dining room is gorgeous! Y'all did a complete re-do! You're going to love it, I'll bet.

    And congrats on Gigi's huge milestone this week! She DOES look adorable toddling around. What an exciting week you guys had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That artwork is amzaing...you have a very talented artist. and fun fun to have a walker...no you will be running! And that water park looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete